PUT OUR RESEARCH TO WORK
In the heart of downtown Atlanta, Georgia State University is one of the nation’s fastest-growing research institutions. Our world-class faculty are conducting research in a wide range of fields, solving problems and driving discoveries in public health, biomedical science, policy, business, computer science, education and more.
Georgia State offers many ways for industry to collaborate with our research community and leverage their expertise. Our research offices can help assess your needs and determine the most productive strategy to achieve your business goals.
Below, learn more about some of the most common ways you can partner with us.
Exchange ideas and confidential information to determine if there is mutual interest in working together.
Participate in unfunded research projects meant to share expertise and answer academically interesting questions.
Sponsor research at Georgia State to help address challenges or solve problems within your field.
Work with Georgia State to test your existing product on certain routine assays.
*Testing services are only offered under a limited number of specific circumstances. These services are also subject to availability of equipment and personnel.
Secure an exclusive trial period to evaluate Georgia State IP and determine if it meets your needs.
License existing Georgia State IP for further development or commercialization.
We strive to be transparent when engaging with industry partners. While many agreements require negotiation, you can find templates for our most common research agreements.
- Georgia State University Research Foundation (GSURF) Outgoing Confidentiality Agreement Template
- GSURF Mutual Confidentiality Agreement Template
- GSURF Sponsored Research Agreement Template
- GSURF Master Sponsored Research Agreement Template
- GSURF IP Option Agreement Template
- GSURF IP Exclusive License Agreement
- GSURF Sponsored Research – Explaining F&A (Indirect Costs)
Guiding Principles for University-Industry Relationships
Georgia State is committed to sharing university expertise and capabilities through partnerships that benefit industry stakeholders and the public. We pledge to work together with our partners to manage university-industry relationships fairly, equitably and effectively. These relationships are guided by a set of principles aligned with the university’s mission and strategic plan.
- The open dissemination of new knowledge offers tremendous value for both the university and its partners.
- It is in the interest of both parties to see research innovations proceed toward the market, where the public can benefit.
- Research is a continuous effort and university researchers utilize the results of their previous work to inform future inquiry.
- The university’s contributions to the success of our partners should be recognized.
- Shared goals, mutual trust and creativity can help advance most discussions.
To develop a new research collaboration or license Georgia State discoveries:
Clifford Michaels, Ph.D.
Assistant Vice President for Research and Director of the Office of Technology Transfer & Commercialization
Katie Pope, JD
Associate Director, Office of Sponsored Projects Administration
To connect with other resources at Georgia State:
Senior Director, Industry Engagement
Corporate & Foundation Relations